What kind of publishing path will work best for you?
Publishing is confusing and ever changing! If you wonder what kind of publishing option will work the best for you – take this quick quiz and you’ll see exactly what path you need to take based on your own personality and your personal connections.
You have created a book! It is:
- A. The result of seven years of research and five more to create the final manuscript
- B. A marvelous self-help books complete with illustrations
- C. A family history that you want to give as gifts this holiday
- D. A genre fiction book
- E. The fourth one this year
2. You love Social Media and work Twitter and Facebook daily
- A. What?
- B. I have a great group of friends but don’t tweet
- C. I know that little blue bird means something, but I’ve never clicked on it
- D. I have more than 1,000 followers
- E. My Klout score is off the charts and I get free offers all the time
3. You are independent and worry constantly about copy write issues and creative control
- A. Sometimes
- B. A little
- C. Not at all
- D. All the time
- E. I only worry my Facebook account isn’t entirely secure and my ex can access my time line.
4. You relationship with bookstores is:
- A. Obsessed: I pack a lunch when I visit Powells
- B. True Love: I speak at small gatherings no matter what the size or venue
- C. Love: I have shopped for books at truck stops and nature preserves
- D. Neglect: I travel up and down the Amazon on a daily basis
- E. Absent: The last time I stepped in a book store was to find a cover for my Kindle Fire
5. You believe that books are about
- A. Art
- B. Art and relationships
- C. Product
- D. Relationships and platform reach
- E. Money
Did one letter dominate your answers?
Mostly A answers: Traditional Publishing or Indie is for you
Mostly B answers Partnership or Boutique publishers is your best option
Mostly C answers: Fully Assisted, like She Writes
Mostly D answers: DIY distributor – like Authority Publishing
Mostly E answers: DIY Direct, Create Space, Lightening Source, KP Direct
I’m speaking at Tomes Books in Grass Valley, CA January 22, 2015 3:30 PM. Come to hear more about publishing!