The Newbie Writers’ Podcast
Halloween October 31st. Special Guest: Garret Miller
The curse of episode 151
Join Garrett live every Monday-Friday 10pE/7pW for Rated G Radio!
Rated G Radio is a Lifestyle & Entertainment Talk Radio program ending each week with the wildly popular Friday Night Dance Party. You’ll hear the freshest artists and the World Premiers of their hot new music here first!
Always commercial free! Always awesome guests! You’ll hear from Hollywood Celebrities, Singers, Musicians, Authors, Spiritual Guides, Pop Culture Experts along with all the Gossip and so much more!
You can also now hear Rated G Radio in the United Kingdom on both the West Star Radio and Chat and Spin Radio networks!
* I am in the process (by Halloween should be nearly done IF NOT DONE) recording my second album of original material. It’s Dance/Hip-Hop/Rock-n-Roll – a little of something for everyone, including the title track “I AM” which is a TRIBAL CHANT of all things! I can talk more about the WHY of doing it when I’m NOT a trained singer (though I’m getting excellent vocal lessons this year and continuing to improve), blah blah blah blah blah…
* I am developing a sitcom built around my current life and surroundings. Again, by Halloween, I should be much farther along in the process – as I’m looking to get a Pilot episode SHOT/FILMED before the end of the year.
* I’m nearly done with my FIRST BOOK – which is about “Start Your Life Today! Stop waiting for someone else to open the door, build the damn door if you have to, and open it up!” My tale of waking up one day and realizing I wanted to do 100,000 other things that my “day job” was preventing me from doing and I decided I was GOING TO BE HAPPY and DO IT. So I did. And am.
* I’m creating/developing my own Radio Network for the Wellness/Intuitive/Motivational community where I will HOST (or produce) programming for regular contributors who want to do a radio program but not deal with the hassles of “running the board” or the behind the scenes “stuff.”
Those are the big ones… I’ve got other stuff I’m working on, but that’s a start.
What kinds of running lists do you keep? What would be the best to do list ever?
This is mine: Return Vogue’s call for photo shoot
Meet with James Cameron re: film rights
Interview with People Magazine
Return the call from the prize committee.
Word of the week:
From Arlene Miller – our guest in March 2014
And author of the new The Best Grammar Workbook Ever
This is from Arlene’s Miller’s Weird and Wonderful Words Series found on her blog http://bigwords101.com/
6. bumf (noun) – Slang for toilet paper and informal for junk mail and other worthless paperwork. It is 1889 British schoolboy slang.
Extra word for Catharine to google:
A male genital piercing placed horizontally through the head of the penis.
*Thanks to Ian Henschke for this word he was daring enough to utter on ABC local radio! Follow him on Twitter! @IanHenschke
Although one may be able to do many, many, many things, one has to remember that Superman is still a “man”, although in the story of Superman he is actually and alien who crash landed on Earth as a baby in a weird space pod and happened to gain super “human” powers from the yellow sun.
Robin Israel who posts about writing here (and on the newbie community) http://leave-the-frigging-marshmallows.blogspot.com.au
Also her editing services: http://www.robinisrael.com/
Shout out to Pat Jaegar because she has a book printed and published! So congratulations to her. The book is called ‘Dan’
Hilldale Series – Book One
by Pat Jaeger
Evil has stormed into rural mid-Missouri’s small town of Hilldale. A wolf in sheep’s clothing is hunting too close to home, and Lund County Sheriff Dan Halloran’s job is to stop him. Growing up betrayed by his own father, Halloran struggles with his faith, with forgiving, letting go of the past, and opening himself up to love. Personal life tangles with professional life. In order to move forward, Dan must let go of the past. With the help and hindrance of three spunky octogenarians, and the guileless love of an old classmate’s young son, Sheriff Dan heads into the eye of the storm that has engulfed his life.
Book will officially be released on the 18th of November, but you can order it from Tate Publishing here: https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-63306-614-4